new to me stihl Fs 90 R. Gas/oil ratio to use?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by olebrooklawn, May 5, 2011.

1. olebrooklawn

olebrooklawn LawnSite Member

thanks sam

2. White Gardens

White Gardens LawnSite Fanatic

Just go get some Opti-2, or Amsoil 2 cycle mix and take the guess work out of it.

Either of those two brands will allow you to mix at their recommended rate for all equipment, thus no separate cans for different machines.

3. FLAhaulboy

FLAhaulboy LawnSite Senior Member

50 to 1 ratio using 93 octane gas.

4. gebby

gebby LawnSite Senior Member

Use stihl oil. Buy them by the size the store has. The very small one will do 1 gal and the next size up will make 2 gals. Your dealer will appreciate and he can't say the problem is the wrong oil or mix if there is a problem. No guessing. As suggested alway's use high test gas.

5. knox gsl

knox gsl LawnSite Platinum Member

That's what I use with Stihl oil.

6. Richard Martin

Richard Martin LawnSite Fanatic

You're going to get a lot of opinions on this and here's mine. I've been using Amsoil mixed at 80:1 with name brand mid grade gas for a decade now. I've had ZERO oil related problems with any of my 2 stroke or 4 Mix tools. I have a bunch of them too with the huge majority being Stihl.

7. LaLawnGuy

LaLawnGuy LawnSite Member

i use the stihl HP Ultra and love it, buy it by the case from the dealer and the cost goes waaaay doen, or did for me. Btw, do you know Tim or Adam Gordon there in B'haven?

8. GMLC

GMLC LawnSite Platinum Member

Stihl HP Ultra oil at 50:1 with 93 octane. The Stihl HP Ultra oil already has fuel stabilizer in it!!

9. BestImpressions99

BestImpressions99 LawnSite Senior Member

Agree that using the Amisol or the Opti-2 is the best idea. Costs $70 for a gallon, but you don't have 3 different cans to worry about.

10. olebrooklawn

olebrooklawn LawnSite Member

No I don't know them. I got a dumb question? Do I need to use 4 stroke oil instead of 2 stroke?
    Posted via Mobile Device