New to me truck (06' cummins)

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment & Pavement' started by flairland, Mar 4, 2011.

1. flairland

flairland LawnSite Senior Member

Hey guys, purchased a new truck today, thought I'd share with you. Its an 06 Dodge 2500 Cummins, automatic, with the Big horn package with 80k miles. Was brought up from Arizona. Wont be taking it home till mid next week but here is a pic I snapped today. I was really wanting an extended cab truck, I loved my Ford, and would have stuck with Ford, except for the fact that any Ford diesel between 03-2010 is unreliable, so I thought I'd try a dodge. Hope it treats me well!

IMG00256-20110304-1554.jpg

2. Eastern Construction Inc.

Eastern Construction Inc. LawnSite Member

Nice looking truck.Im a Chevy fan really like my duramax but dodge has a bullet proof engine with that Cummins after all the years of using them.

3. TopNotchLawnCare

TopNotchLawnCare LawnSite Member
    from IL

Nice Dodge Cummins! What did it set you back?

4. jsslawncare

jsslawncare LawnSite Bronze Member

I switched from Ford to Dodge also. Bullet proof. I wished mine was a 4x4. 91xxx and I have replaced one injector, 1 set of tires @ 75xxx and front pads @85xxx. It's a 2500 with a hemi and gets around 20 to 24 mgp. I pull my lawn trailer 5 days a week. Just wished it were a 4x4.

5. flairland

Thanks guys. Looking forward to getting it and cleaning it up. I got it for 20k. Dont know about your areas, but in mine its definitely a steal.

6. ParkWelding

ParkWelding LawnSite Member

Looks like a nice truck, and the price was right.

7. KrayzKajun

KrayzKajun LawnSite Fanatic

very nice!

i love my ford though. havent had any trouble with mine (knock on wood)

8. Barge Man

Barge Man LawnSite Senior Member

Congrats Man, looks great!

9. flairland

Thanks guys. Krazy and all others with 03-2010 fords.. not trying to knock on your trucks, but the fact thatI dont buy trucks with factory warranty, I want a truck with a good reliable engine and most dodge owners seem to be quite happy with their trucks.

10. RockSet N' Grade

RockSet N' Grade LawnSite Silver Member

Fairland.........you're gonna be hap-hap-happy!