New to me truck (06' cummins)

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment & Pavement' started by flairland, Mar 4, 2011.

1. AEL

AEL LawnSite Bronze Member

Congrats flairland! Beautiful truck. I have an 06 3500 drw 4x4. I am more then happy with it. Throw some cab lights on her! No doubt you got a great deal! What did you end up doing with your equipment? I remember you had it for sale.
    Posted via Mobile Device

2. flairland

flairland LawnSite Senior Member

Thanks tss. I actually am planning to put cab lights on some time in the spring, they will finish it off nicely. I did have my equipment for sale, still have the asv and the deere. To be honest, I just list my stuff for sale and if I feel I get ebough for it, ill sell it and look for another deal. So far not too many bites on my equipment but we'll see what happens in the spring. I'd love to end up with a 35D and an RC/PT60.
    Posted via Mobile Device

3. stuvecorp

stuvecorp LawnSite Fanatic

Nice truck. Did you get rid of your black Ford? I disagree a little on the Fords but know what you mean.:)

As for equipment, feel your pain as stuff just isn't moving.

4. LetsTalkDirt

LetsTalkDirt LawnSite Member

Thats a nice truck, I switched to Dodge after I got a taste of the 6.0l powerstroke. It took some getting use to not stopping at the filling station as much lol!

5. flairland

flairland LawnSite Senior Member

Hope I can get used to not stopping in at the mechanic shops too! :) Just kidding, I love fords, just wanted to try something new.
    Posted via Mobile Device

6. jrmikka

jrmikka LawnSite Member

very nice truck good choice i have cummins also BULLETPROOF was a good word used and also your right about 03-2010 fords my mechanic loves them...lol

7. JMAC79

JMAC79 LawnSite Member

Very nice truck. You got the 5.9 cummins without the DPF filter. Very good decision. I unfortunately got an 07 with the DPF which ruins the fuel economy in these trucks. You made a great choice!!!. My truck is great besides the fuel economy caused by the DPF.

8. JFGauvreau

JFGauvreau LawnSite Bronze Member

Nice looking truck you have there!

9. jrmikka

jrmikka LawnSite Member

what is a dpf filter?

10. AEL

AEL LawnSite Bronze Member

5.9 never had a dpf . 2007.5 cummins switched the the 6.7 motor which had a dpf.
    dpf=diesel particulate filter