New to me truck

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by zima, Jan 9, 2010.

1. zima

zima LawnSite Member

been in bus.solo for a few years and going from open trailer to enclosed truck and see how that works,for now i'm using the ramp that came whit the truck to load up a 36, hope all of you have a profitable year.

Landscape and Truck 046.JPG

Landscape and Truck 044.JPG

Landscape and Truck 049.JPG

Landscape and Truck 051.JPG

2. KrayzKajun

KrayzKajun LawnSite Fanatic

nice you mite need to reorganize things

3. Premier landscaping south

Premier landscaping south LawnSite Senior Member

I hope things work out for you.

On the other hand I don't see the advantage of using a truck like that other than security reasons.

I use a F-150 with a open 6'x12' tandem. I am trying to think of the advantages of a box truck.

Sorry for being negative but enlighten me on why you think this is better option for you. I may stand to learn something and that is why we are on this site.

4. Father&Daughter Lawn care

Father&Daughter Lawn care LawnSite Senior Member

no loading or unloading at the end of the day. Everything stays in the truck safe and dry. It is also a rolling billboard.

5. Premier landscaping south

Premier landscaping south LawnSite Senior Member

Point taken.

I am thinking about employees walking up and down that ramp I don't know how many times a day and possibly taking a fall. Looks to me like you would have to unload every time you want to unload debris.

Will the ramp handle a larger ZTR?

Advertising would be awesome on that truck!

6. AzLawnMan

AzLawnMan LawnSite Senior Member

In Arizona in the summer, it can get as hot as 115 degrees. I cant imagine walking up and down a ramp, crawling over all that equipment and dumping grass way in the back! I use our box truck for delivering plants and trees. My sprinkler tech mainly uses it though. I would invest in a trailer for trash. You can easily organize your equipment in the Box truck and still have it safe from theft and leave trash outside. IMHO.

7. zima

zima LawnSite Member

security reasons and tools and equip stay dry,that job was a tigh back yard fallen tree clean up;couldn't tow the trailer back there,but i plan on using a 6x12 that i have to haul debris and materials,about the ramp don't know how it hold up i only run 36 decks for now.

8. JFGauvreau

JFGauvreau LawnSite Bronze Member

Nice truck, u should organized a bit tho.

I love those trucks for advertising, and correct me if i'm wrong but that is way more solid than any enclosed trailers.

9. RLLServicesCT

RLLServicesCT LawnSite Member
    from CT

A wee bit messy sir?

10. zima

zima LawnSite Member

Yes i need to organize things,when i get some $ i will get some racks and stuff to give it a profesional look inside and out. Thanks for all your replays and great ideas.