New to Me Volvo 140BL

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment & Pavement' started by Dirtman2007, Nov 26, 2010.

1. Dirtman2007

Dirtman2007 LawnSite Platinum Member

Here's a nice little 140 volvo I have my eye on.

Tell me what you think

EROPS, A/C- Blows Cold, Heat, Radio, Quick Coupler, Geith Two Position Manual Thumb

Geith 36" Bucket with Bullet Teeth, Extra Geith 60" Angle Tilt Ditch Bucket, Tight Pins and Bushings,

10 foot stick, Approx. 22 feet digging depth, Heated Seat

Overlay Vandalism Glass Covers, 75" U/C, 24" Rubber Bolt on Pads (worn but usable),

Was owned and maintained by the State of Alabama for approx. first 1900 hours

Sheetmetal and Paint are excellent, This Unit looks like new! Every thing works as it should.

No leaks, engine does not smoke, nor do I.

READY for WORK

Hours: 2275
    Make: Volvo
    Operating Weight: 29,001 - 30,000 lbs
    Model: EC140B LC
    Max Dig Depth: 21'1'' - 22' Model Year: 2003
    Net Horsepower (HP): 91 - 100

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. hoeman376

hoeman376 LawnSite Senior Member

Nice machine, How much are they trying to Get outta it, also needs a 48" digging bucket like my 312. County has one around here and it has a 48"

3. 93turbo

93turbo LawnSite Senior Member

Good looking machine that sure would look sweet sitting out there with your volvo but a couple issues I see are the rubber pads and the manual thumb. But its already plumbed for aux hydraulics so it shoudn't be to hard to add a hydraulic thumb and valves so you can switch between thumb and tilt bucket which I think after you use a couple times with as much grading as you do with the buckets you'll wonder how you ever got along with out it LOL

4. Dirtman2007

They want $45,000 for its right now.

I was also wondering about the pads. can't you take the rubber pads off and it still be the same are a regular track or are they build just for that style setup?

Its already plumbed for a thumb and quick coupler!

5. Dirtman2007

they wont $45,000 for it right now. Might have to go do a test drive on it, hell might take the KW and trailer when I go!

6. hoeman376

hoeman376 LawnSite Senior Member

I think $45,000 is pretty good you could probly get it for less too, CASH IS KING. But I wont hesitate at all to get it for $45.

7. Giles_uk

Giles_uk LawnSite Member

yeah the pads just bolt on for road work, takes about 2 hours to do a full set with an air impact gun, handy to do work for utilities and councils etc, another string to your bow.

looks a nice machine, bet it had one operator as its to tidy for to have been anyone jumping in. i'd buy it, we dont have many thumbs over here but the grading buckets are about £3000 and we have a geith on our older machine great hitches and buckets.

and its going to look nice with 2 volvos on the same job haha, generally share filters etc as well so makes spares alot easier.

the angle bucket looks unused and be very handy for grading ponds etc

8. bobcat_ron

bobcat_ron LawnSite Fanatic

It's a steal, county or Municipal owned machines are kept up very well with service intervals and repairs, and it's got the pin on style quick change, so you can flip that tilt bucket around, always nice to have that style.

9. Gravel Rat

Gravel Rat LawnSite Fanatic

10. Giles_uk

Giles_uk LawnSite Member

so 45 000 U.S. dollars = 28 825.8279 UK£

Year 2005, 5650hrs, Hammer Pipe work - Check Valves

65% Tracks £24,995 + vat 17.5% but reclaimable if you are a company

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Volvo-EC140-B...quipment_RL&hash=item2c59026a18#ht_500wt_1156

or

Volvo EC 140 BLC
    Year 2007
    3618 hrs
    Fitted with a powertilt bucket
    This machine is in mint condition 1 opperator from new as you can see by pictures
    .This machine has a 2.5mtr dipper plus a miller bug hitch so the power tilt can be taken off in seconds

£30,000

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Volvo-Excavat...on_Tools_ET&hash=item3f0524b497#ht_500wt_1156
    so not a bad price on your one