New to Me Volvo 140BL

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment & Pavement' started by Dirtman2007, Nov 26, 2010.

1. J. Peterson Grading

J. Peterson Grading LawnSite Senior Member
    from IA

I rented one like this for about a month this past summer. It was real smooth and strong, and extremly comfortable to operate.

I have also have this machine on my ebay watch list, Its a super good deal for what alll you are getting with it.

J.

2. flairland

flairland LawnSite Senior Member

Thats a crazy deal, if I were you I'd jump on it.

3. NEUSWEDE

NEUSWEDE LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Maine

Looks like a great machine at a good price, but I'd be willing to bet that that whole machine has been painted. There are a few tell tale signs that make me think that.

Defintely demo it before bidding. Could be someone grabbed it from an IP auction back in the summer when Volvo Rents Florida was unloading their whole fleet and just did a paint job on it.

good luck

4. hvy 1ton

hvy 1ton LawnSite Senior Member

That's a good deal. I don't see any tell-tales that was repainted recently, but maybe i'm missing something. Pro-link thumb and toss the roadliners and you have a really well setup ex. I think there are double grouser pads under the rubber, but i could be wrong.

5. Heavyduty1

Heavyduty1 LawnSite Member

I can't tell from the pics but what are the tell tale signs of a repaint?

It could of been stored in a shop.

Nice machine Dirtman.

6. Gravel Rat

Gravel Rat LawnSite Fanatic

Okay you made me look closely and yes the machine has had the yellow repainted for some reason. If you look at the link I posted of the 2007 140 look at the side panel where the fuel tank is notice where Volvo is placed on the panels.

7. MarcSmith

MarcSmith LawnSite Fanatic

could just be diufferent decal placement for the us market, or guy was hungover on monday..

8. Gravel Rat

The yellow looks too bright for its year compared to the black.

9. Gravel Rat

Okay I searched for some more 140 volvo machines the Volvo decal is in the same spot on 2002 to 2007 machines as in the link I posted of the 2007 so the 2003 Chris is looking at has had a 5 gallon rebuild for some reason.

10. Treemow

Treemow LawnSite Senior Member

J. M. Woods Auction Co. auctions these machines twice a year for the State of Alabama. Sometimes Deanco Auction Co. handles them. All trucks and machines are repainted and repaired by the state before the auction. They do this to bring more money.