1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

New to Me Volvo 140BL

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment & Pavement' started by Dirtman2007, Nov 26, 2010.

1. jefftb

jefftb LawnSite Senior Member

It appears to have gone from a 140BLC to just a 140B as the letters L&C have disappeared.
    Posted via Mobile Device
  2. Dirtman2007

Dirtman2007 LawnSite Platinum Member

hmmm I see, I'll look at mine tomorrow. Maybe I can get another 2 grand off for that?
  3. tailboardtech

tailboardtech LawnSite Senior Member

they might want more for it if you point out it's a long carriage :hammerhead: its amazing how decals get changed on equipment i know a construction company running around here with a cat 320 with 330 decals on it so he can charge more for the job, and its obvious he changed them that's the worse part.
  4. Dirtman2007

Dirtman2007 LawnSite Platinum Member

Well The machine finally arrived at the dealer today, I couldnt help but ride by and touch it :laugh::laugh:

Jeff, you were right it does have the hour meter on the left said and it did say 77 hours. there's also a sticker on it saying the meter was replaced a 1446 hours so its still around the 1500 hour mark.

few pictures, other then a new rear door and some touch up paint I'm happy with it.

and one for the asv boys... im glad ya'll like them LOL!

5. Junior M

Junior M LawnSite Fanatic

That cant be rust I see on that ASV!
  6. J. Peterson Grading

J. Peterson Grading LawnSite Senior Member
    from IA

I didn't know you could still get them with that style of lap bar.

7. talus

talus LawnSite Senior Member

I was thinking the same thing.

NEUSWEDE LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Maine

Congrats Dirtman I like that 140, I think you were better off waiting then buy the original one you started this thread with.

When do you get to put it to work?
  9. ClearViewGroup

ClearViewGroup LawnSite Member

may as well take her home and paint her up chris..you know your keeping it! haha

i really love those ASC buckets and thumbs, the one of your bigger volvo was the first I ever had seen

looks like some georgia clay on the terex...all the way up in NC haha

Talus and JP..you think that they could have repainted a yellow 70 to keep up with times? interior looks odd for the new style too..thought they were all black or dark gray inside....?
  10. gatorguy

gatorguy LawnSite Member
    from Georgia

I don't think it was repainted from yellow, it has the look off the new model and on the in cab picture you can see a terex serial plate.