New to Me Volvo 140BL

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment & Pavement' started by Dirtman2007, Nov 26, 2010.

1. Dirtman2007

Dirtman2007 LawnSite Platinum Member

Yeah I love the matching ASC bucket and thumb combos. Our first daewoo didn't have a matching thumb and bucket and I swore that would never happen again, god did that suck! Yeah If I like it it'll be sitting under the shop soon getting a new coat of ass paint! lol

2. talus

talus LawnSite Senior Member

[
    Talus and JP..you think that they could have repainted a yellow 70 to keep up with times? interior looks odd for the new style too..thought they were all black or dark gray inside....?[/QUOTE]

I'm with gatorguy. I don't think this was repainted. The gussets on the loader right above the quicktach have the newer 45 degree angle piececs. The sr style went in towards the center further and had a radius type curve. The 70's don't seem as popular as the 80 so maybe it was left over interior trim. One thing I do find odd is I have never seen one that says posi track in between the loader arms. Every white one I've seen said Terex. Hmmmm. :confused:

3. ClearViewGroup

ClearViewGroup LawnSite Member

leave it chris to find the most bizarre ASV machine out there haha

4. hvy 1ton

hvy 1ton LawnSite Senior Member

I'd sand and repaint the grey on both sides of the carbody as well as the C/W. That way the grey along the bottom will match up with the paint on the new doors. Makes it way more obvious when they is faded/new paint right next one another. Is it just me or does the paint on volvo booms not fade as bad as the rest of the machine?

5. J. Peterson Grading

J. Peterson Grading LawnSite Senior Member
    from IA

I think the PT70 was a leftover, or one of the first white units put out there.

70s aren't as popular because, they are a single speed unit, they don't have the same under carriage as an 80, and for just a few grand more a guy can buy an 80.

J.