New to spraying and fert. application

Discussion in 'Fertilizer Application' started by B&Clawncare, Oct 14, 2012.

1. grandview (2006)

grandview (2006) LawnSite Gold Member

Seems low,we did 3gals per 1,000

2. cgaengineer

cgaengineer LawnSite Fanatic

I can do over an acre. And it doesn't take an hour to fill.
    Posted via Mobile Device

3. cgaengineer

I have a permagreen...1qt per k. 1 gallon per k don't seem so low now does it?
    Posted via Mobile Device

4. CHARLES CUE

CHARLES CUE LawnSite Silver Member

This guy doen't have a permagreen. 50 gals won't last but 2 bigger yards or maybe 5 small yards and you will spend a hour to fill it up again. If you buy a 50 gal skid and a 200 gal skid with the same hose reel pump and motor the only cost differnce would be the tank and that not much.

Even a 200 gal skid at 60 gals per acre will only do 3 acres. You could do that in shot order with bigger yards.

Charles Cue

5. B&Clawncare

B&Clawncare LawnSite Member

I have found a permagreen ride on spreader/sprayer with a 6hp subaru engine on it for $1500. Would this be a good option? Or would you go with a skid set up
    Posted via Mobile Device

6. nobagger

nobagger LawnSite Gold Member
    from Pa

My opinion....if you end up buying this ride on and things break how fast can you get it fixed vs. being able to load a tank in just about anything and go about your business. 1500 bucks for a ride on sounds very cheap so leads me to think whats wrong with it.

7. cgaengineer

For me filling up is easy...I have places along my route where I fill. I also started out with most lawns being way under an acre.
    Posted via Mobile Device

8. B&Clawncare

He has two of them and doesn't need them both. What could be wrong with it? ( as in what should I look for or ask)
    sorry for the lack of knowledge on the subject
    Posted via Mobile Device

9. cgaengineer

He likely replaced the worn out one with a new one. Ride ons take a lot of abuse and can/will have problems if not cared for properly. Since fertilizer and some herbicides are corrosive the entire unit is subject to damage due to improper care.
    Posted via Mobile Device

10. B&Clawncare

What if everything checks out?
    Posted via Mobile Device