New to the BIZ & Site...

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by 1PREMIER, Apr 13, 2006.

1. 1PREMIER

1PREMIER LawnSite Member

Got a bunch of questions for you guys... please bare with me...

1st do any of you have any GOV. Contracts or State or Fed Contracts to do like their Court buildings or prisons or Military Bases, etc?

If so how did you guys go about it, and is it good pay? Can you find out who holds the current contract and for how long and how much?

2. dcondon

dcondon LawnSite Silver Member

I can't help you with your questions but welcome to lawnsite:waving:

3. SodKing

SodKing LawnSite Bronze Member

Gov't contracting can be either easy or hard...I have done gov't work but they searched for me specifically for a specific job...to be done immediately. Bidding gov't work can be hard...triplicate everything (which isn't that hard) and contacts to find out what is being bid is difficult...

Welcome to the site.

4. 1PREMIER

1PREMIER LawnSite Member

yeah i was trying to dig up some answers on line about how exactly they work w/ the GOV contracts and nothing on here is exact info, or they make it really hard to understand because of all the revisions of old laws etc....
    I wonder if they let each either base, or prison, etc. do their thing as far as who they hire...

***For you guys out there that have been in business what structure setup do you find the most useful when it comes to tax credits and write offs...

***I mean I seen a few post back that people were getting huffy about the info that was being passed around, some were even mentioning like prison type talk, and what is the right thing to do or what is in fact cheating on taxes or just not knowing what they were talking about, I know it breaks down to talk w/ a CPA but I wanted to hear from the guys in the business, because at the end of the day we are the ones that feel the results...

I figure if you put in the hard days of work, their is nothing wrong with using the tax shelters the GOV puts in place for us to utilize.
    We all want to provide for our families, it basically breaks down to trying preserve as much $$$ that we get from our blood & sweat.

but if dont use the tax breaks the GOV most likely will piss it away on some crap we dont even hear about...

But I am newbie and dont have the right to mouth off like this, i just wanna learn from your guys mistakes... and hopefully one day some new kid on the block will get some info from ME to him help feed his family....