New to the buisness

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by bigkyle, Feb 7, 2006.

1. bigkyle

bigkyle LawnSite Member

I'm new to having my own business but i've worked for lawn companies since i was 14.my question is this how good to flyers really work and where would you say are the best spots to distribute them are?

2. 29 Palms Property Management

29 Palms Property Management LawnSite Senior Member

It all depends on how many you put out, where you put them out, do you just throw them up or do you stop and knock and communicate with possible clients? It's all in the approach. They have to be professional looking, clean, crisp and to the point.
    Some here will swear by flyers, and some will curse flyers. Geographical areas have some to do with it as well. You'll have to see what works for your area and bust your a$$ getting the word out that you are here, and you are here to stay.

3. bigkyle

bigkyle LawnSite Member

ok thanks for the advice. what would u advise me stopping and talking to the people or just attaching the flyer to there door?

4. 29 Palms Property Management

29 Palms Property Management LawnSite Senior Member

If it is possible, try to communicate with as many people face to face as possible. Let them get a feel for you and what your company has to offer. It also gives you a chance to sell some add on services that maybe your flyers don't explain in detail (because of space limitations). I think customers might be more comfortable investing their money into your company if they knew who you are, not just a flyer. I would even suggest setting up a meeting with new customers that you get by flyers and calls, just to do the same as stated above.