new to the buisness

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by JRSlawn, Feb 12, 2004.

1. JRSlawn

JRSlawn LawnSite Senior Member

I have a customer who wants me to give him a price on a 5 step program as well as a 3 step program. What lesco fertilizers would make up these programs. How much should i charge per sq foot. The location is akron Ohio.
    Thanks for all the help,
    Jeff Smith
    JRS Lawn & Landscape

2. Mac V2.0

Mac V2.0 LawnSite Member
    from Mid OH

If you are not liscensed then you need to get that done, or call a local liscensed pro to sub it to.

3. rob1325

rob1325 LawnSite Senior Member

Lesco should help you out on that depending on where you live. Also, don't know if your licensed, but if not make sure you are. If you get caught you can get some hefty fines.

4. JRSlawn

I live in ohio do you have to be liecsend to apply fertilizer.Who do I have to call to get liecsend. (sorry for the spellin :p )

5. DiscoveryLawn

DiscoveryLawn LawnSite Senior Member

Jrslawn Yes you have to be licensed in Ohio if you applying fert. with a pesticide in it (pre-emergent is a pesticide)
    Go to ohioagriculture.gov find the pesticide link and get info on licensing and testing. I think there is also a class coming up next week in Reynoldsburg Oh. where you can take your test after the class. Call the # on the web site to get an application and your study materials. The license for a custom applicator license is $150.00 the business pestide license is $30.00.

Good luck

6. Team Gopher

Team Gopher LawnSite Platinum Member
    from -

7. JRSlawn

I only want to apply fertilizer no pesticides or any thing else. I just needto know how much to chrage

8. Mac V2.0

Mac V2.0 LawnSite Member
    from Mid OH

Costs plus profit would work...i think.