1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

New to the business in Texas

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by DesertPioneer, Nov 16, 2006.

1. DesertPioneer

DesertPioneer LawnSite Member

Hey guys,

I'm just getting into the business and planning to start this coming season, but I've read some comments about licensing and what have you. I've done some research over my state laws but haven't been able to find anything on the web.

I will most likely be a simple one man operation to help me pay for college. I'll be doing it full time, and I was wondering if anyone could clue me in on the regulations for that size of an operation, or atleast tell me where to look.

Furthermore, if by the grace of God, I can expand to maybe 1 or 2 employees, what licensing is required then?

Thank you in advance.
  2. Prestige-Lawncare

Prestige-Lawncare LawnSite Senior Member

Start out by checking with your Secretary of State office. You can find much of what you are looking for on their website.

Good Luck ... and I am certain you will find a wealth of information on here as well..

3. huh

huh LawnSite Senior Member
    from Lubbock

there are no Landscape or Lawncare licenses in Texas

if you apply pesticides for pay then there is a license required from the Texas Dept. of Ag.

you will also need to register a business name if you plan to pay taxes or have an employee