New to the business

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by Amani, Aug 12, 2006.

1. Amani

Amani LawnSite Member

Hello everyone,
    I am new to this site and new to the forum. I am a web designer by profession and have been runing my own business for the last 3 years. I have gotten an interest in starting a lawn care business for the last few months and have finally gotten to where I am about to start advertising.

I have a few questions for those who have done it for a few weeks and would like your honest opinion
    1. is it too late to start getting accounts seeing as the summer is comming to an end?
    2. is there a better way out there t get business other that going out door to door and handing out the flyers?
    3. what is the best software out there that I can useto keep up with my clients, of can I just use quickbooks which I have used for years with my web design business?

Please help m out I am willing to learn and I understand to have a business that makes you money you have to put your all into it. I have done that with my current web design business (www.amaniweb.net). I am just looking for something more hands-on as a way of making more money.