New to the business

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by jdramr4, Sep 25, 2006.

1. jdramr4

jdramr4 LawnSite Member

I just started this year and it seem now that fall is hear people want to back out of the service. How do you deal with this?

2. noseha

noseha LawnSite Senior Member
    from MI

do you have them signed to a cont? are they all in one area? can they all be friends? are you giving them a ''good job'' at a fair price? if you lost more than 7 acct. in one week. something must be going on. i've pick up 7 acct. in 2 hours from cust. that aren't satisfied with the service all friends in one way or another!!!!!!!!

3. jdramr4

jdramr4 LawnSite Member

No contracts this year. I have lost 1 account this year out of 30. All seem to be very happy with price and service but just don't want to stay until all the leaves this fall have been taken care of.

4. noseha

noseha LawnSite Senior Member
    from MI

:p in ga i don't what you do for a clean ups. but, your grass is still growing or not? i still have two or three mows left and clean up with some air to go and i'm still doing trims total knock downs.

5. TNT LawnCare Inc.

TNT LawnCare Inc. LawnSite Bronze Member

If your customers are not on contracts then you'll have to deal with things like this at times. losing 1 out 30 is nothing. as grass slows down growing persuade them to every 12-14 days. If they don't want you to do the leaves and there their when spring comes charge them for spring clean-up.