1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

new to the business

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Hoeferlawn, Jan 24, 2008.

1. Hoeferlawn

Hoeferlawn LawnSite Member

I have been mowing residential lawns in my neighborhood for 5-6 years now, and am looking to get some commercial accounts this season. I am looking for any advice/ dos and donts/ anything that will help me with this. Until now I have been doing 20 lawns to make some extra money, but would like to do this full time. I'd greatly appreciate any help. Thanks.
  2. lawnwizards

lawnwizards LawnSite Silver Member

call around and ask if they are accepting bids and if they will send you a bid sheet of what they want done. or you could just visit the places you desire cutting and ask to speak to whos in charge. goodluck.
  3. kelleys lawn&landscape

kelleys lawn&landscape LawnSite Member

try bulk mail its your best bet looks more pro and dont have to fight mail man i just did 5000 post cards for $1500 full color printed mailed every thing if you only get a 1% return on contract it will pay for it self many times because i have my bulk mail for high income distrbution this is why bulk mail pays