New to the business!

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by bgaston, May 29, 2002.

1. bgaston

bgaston LawnSite Member

I ran across this lawnsite a couple of weeks ago and think its great and informative. Yes I’m new in the business. Just started about a week ago. Have 3 residential accounts so far. Gotem from knocking on doors. Running some ads in the local papers starting next week.
    Any advice you guys will give me will be Very helpful. Equip, advertising, finances, etc. I’ve read a lot of post here & obtained a lot of info. What else do yall have for someone that’s new to the business. Thanks for your time ! Blake.
    :blob3: :cool: :blob3:

2. Russo

Russo LawnSite Senior Member

Well, we're all probably gonna tell you to keep on the search button until you have more specific questions. This one is a little vague and is asked evey couple of days by new members. ( no offense )

BTW - Welcome to LS! Don't forget to share your experiences and wisdom with us, also! This is truly the kickinest site for our industry.

3. Ajays

Ajays LawnSite Member

After you run your add in the papers, you are going to get some new clients...maybey 5 if you run your add for a month. They are going to be really spread out because the paper covers a lot of area. You want your clients to be as close together as possible to eliminate drive time thus increasing profitablility. As soon as you get a new client from the paper, pass out about 2000 flyers in the neighborhood that you got the client. This should bring you about 10 new clients all in one area. Now you have one day of work to do. Do this every time you get a new newspaper client and you should have the week filled in no time. Remember to keep them all happy cause you don't want to lose more than you get. Good luck.