new to the fleet

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by supercuts, Dec 11, 2010.

1. supercuts

supercuts LawnSite Silver Member

after all my bashing of fords of i did the unthinkable....i bought another. however, this a real ford, old school and a good diesel, not the new junk. tried and true 7.3 powerstroke in a 97 f350. never worked, used by a plumber. suprising well kept and nearly rot free. clean underside. engine is dry too. this thing has very high miles, 256K, but still drives like less than 100k.

taking guesses, how much does everyone think i got for?? ill wait for few replies and list my purchase price. i plan on throwing a used plow on it and using it as a backup plow truck. i may sell the utility body and ladder rack to put either a flatbed or pickup bed on it.

IMG_1906.jpg

2. WorldsStrongestLandscaper

WorldsStrongestLandscaper LawnSite Member

3500 is my guess and would b an ok price, I'm just too big for those trucks, My knees hit the dash!Otherwise best truck ford ever made. My dad has a 97 powerstroke dually 4x4 wrecker extended wheelbase 825,000 mi 2ed motor 3ed rear 2ed tranny. Truck is indestrutable! (He has 12 08 Flatbed Ford F-650's too!BIG STEVE B CT STRENGTH WSL
    Posted via Mobile Device

3. greengiant9963

greengiant9963 LawnSite Senior Member

Going to say $4,300.

4. newjerseylandscaping

newjerseylandscaping LawnSite Bronze Member

Ill go with 1550 for the price,

5. Mowingman

Mowingman LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Texas

It would bring $5500, at least, around here. more if it had a pickup bed on it.
    I will guess $3900.00.
    By the way, that is LOW mileage for that truck. It will easily go 500,000 miles if you take good care of it.

6. newjerseylandscaping

you gonna make us wait till tommarow?

7. Gravel Rat

Gravel Rat LawnSite Fanatic

Pretty rare to find a F-350 truck and a OBS truck that isn't rust out.

8. supercuts

supercuts LawnSite Silver Member

ok, got it for $1500. looking at an old western plow for it tommarrow. would really like a boss plow, but this is only a spare 3rd plow truck. this thing has very little rot. the utility body has nearly all of it. even the radiator support is mint. the engine is dry. the miles scare me a tiny bit, but its so clean.....couldnt belive he said yes to the $1500! my wife didnt believe me and thought i spent more

its only real issue, break lights which i think are bad grounds, these bodies always seem to have poor grounds and the lights dont work right.

9. newjerseylandscaping

Good price man, lights are easy to fix it just takes time, good luck with her.

10. Impressions Landscaping

Impressions Landscaping LawnSite Member

Nice find! Not knowing what you do for work, but as more of a personal opinion I would keep the utility body. It gives you a spot to keep tools dry and also away from thieving eyes. However, as I said before, I'm not sure wht you do for work with the truck, you are limited with bed space such as carrying mulch and dirt. But if the truck is mainly a tow truck and used for construction, keep the body. Nice find though!