1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

New to the forum

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Dennis Davis, May 15, 2011.

1. Dennis Davis

Dennis Davis LawnSite Member

Hello to all. I've been reading this forum for several weeks and it has been a joy to do so. It appears that everyone is friendly, helpful and truly enjoy the work that you do.

I'm not in the lawn/landscaping trade, but I'm very fussy about my lawns. To help improve my lawns and save wear and tear on my mower, I bought a Mag-1000 to assure that my blades are balanced. At that time, I was using a hand grinder and file to sharpen the blades. They were "ok" but not as good as I wanted them to be. I couldn't stand it any longer, so I bit the bullet and bought a Mag-8000 which is currently on a UPS truck somewhere in the central states. I'm anxious to put that piece of equipment to good use.

I retired in 2002 after a 42 year career with the Bell System and the Baby Bells. Now, I assist my wife with her home business, do some glass etching as a hobby, mow a couple of neighbors lawns, and drive part time for a car rental company. I may try to earn some cash with the Mag-8000 if I can become proficient with using it.

Since you may wonder what lawn care equipment I use at the house, here's a list: ExMark Metro 21" walk behind, Snapper 21" commercial high lift, McClane trim and edger, Shindaiwa straight stick grass trimmer, and an Echo two stroke leaf blower...and a few brooms and dust pans. For me, getting out and mowing the lawn is pure therapy.

I'm done writing about me. Again, I truly enjoy the commentary and banter that goes on in this forum. Thanks to each of you for your input and effort to create such a nice forum.

Dennis Davis
    Boise, Idaho