New to the Industry from Minot,ND!

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by TotalLawnCare58703, Apr 24, 2011.

1. TotalLawnCare58703

TotalLawnCare58703 LawnSite Member

Hello All!

I am Landon, 23 years old, from Minot,ND. I just started my lawn care business in Sept 2010. Kind of a late start but I definitely stayed busy during the winter with my snow accounts. For now my business offers spring/fall cleanup, mowing, trimming, and snow removal. I am clueless as far as how to apply liquid fertilizer but it will be a part of my business some day hopefully.

I am trying to educate myself from this website and i would say it is working well. I have been reading about peoples opinions on mowers, trimmers, etc... i would love to buy more equipment and my goal is to have an employee this year. As of now i have a John Deere LT180 48" with a 17 hp Kawasaki, I don't have much time mowing on it but I have a 42" 2 stage snowblower which got used a lot this winter. I run a Stihl trimmer, FS45, and a Stihl blower, SH86C, a Toro mower called a "Super-Bagger" which i believe is a 21" deck with a Honda engine. I bought a 6'x12' open trailer that i haul my equipment around with. For spring cleanup i bought a Bluebird PR22 with a bagger and a Honda 5.5, haven't got to use it yet, still really wet up here.

I have noticed in this business, mostly snow removal so far, most of my customers are very nice and understanding people. I did have one issue with a lady this winter about my bill, she thought i overcharged, but i didn't. So far she is my only unsatisfied customer.

Amy advice would be appreciated, or just someone reading my little Bio i am typing. Some advice would be about bidding jobs, or equipment, or anything would be appreciated. Thank you for your input.

2. ndols2

ndols2 LawnSite Member

Prob. a good time to start a lawn care company there in Minot. theres gonna be a lot of new houses, and apartments. good luck