new to the pond section

Discussion in 'Water Features' started by cindyb, Jan 15, 2008.

1. cindyb

cindyb LawnSite Senior Member
    from KY

I don't see a place to private message members? Anyway Victor, you seem to have a great understanding of koi ponding. Kudos.

I'm a KHA (Koi Health Advisor) with the AKCA. I mod at another koi board but found you all. Looks like some nice ponds. Just wanted to post in case you needed some assistance.

2. n2h20

n2h20 LawnSite Senior Member

nice to have you...

3. Venturewest

Venturewest LawnSite Senior Member

Hi Cindy, I am glad you have joined the forum. I know very little about Koi, but plan on concentrating my landscape business on water features including koi ponds. I am sure I will have some questions for your.

In fact here is one, are there any good books you would recommend to learn about koi and koi keeping?

4. ICT Bill

ICT Bill LawnSite Platinum Member

Cindy nice to see you, Wanman here, we have been beating the boards together for many a year
    To PM at all, you have to be a subscriber for 10 days and have at least 10 posts.

You will see some of your favorite aquascapes people here, no bottom drains and a lot of submersible pumps, how about the old can I lower my PH with vinegar question, welcome to the board. I like to exaggerate

Hey folks, if you have a fish health question Cindy is your man, or women OHH you know what I mean.

5. cindyb

cindyb LawnSite Senior Member
    from KY

Dang I'm behind. I miss the AS folks. Graham is posting with me at koiphen. I keep in touch with Nancy on Facebook, she's in Canada now.

I'm doing a water change on the koi pond right now, 10% hot and no rain.

I switched to another koi health group, K.O.I. One of the best free booklets is at our new site koiorganisationinternation.org Free to sign up and a test online if you want to see how much you know. I get to grade them. Just a bunch of koi nerds from all over the world teaching and learning koi health and how to figure out whats wrong.