New To The Site/ Had Questions

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by CHASE22, Nov 20, 2004.

1. CHASE22

CHASE22 LawnSite Member

I Have Been In Lawn Maintance For 4 Years And Wanted To Broaden My Services To Make My Customers Lawns Look Great! I Recently Recieved My Core And Cat.3b Study Guide To Take The Applicator Test And Read Them Both. I Am Enrolled To Take These Test Next Week.these Books Only Contained About 100 Pages Each And Seemed To Be Pretty General. Is There A Better Place Or Book I Can Go To And Get Better And More Info? Going Into This Field I Thought It Would Be More Comlex And Detailed, Am I Making This Harder Than What It Is, Or Are There Just A Few Basics You Need To Know And Figure The Rest Out On Your Own? Thanks

2. SodKing

SodKing LawnSite Bronze Member

State tests are generally based on the material provided you. Make sure you know and understand the label, PPE, emergency response , environmental protection, mixing and loading, and your individual state laws. Go to the Dept. of Pesticide Control web site if you have any questions regarding state laws etc...

3. CHASE22

CHASE22 LawnSite Member

Thanks For The Info!

4. SodKing

SodKing LawnSite Bronze Member

Pleasure...study hard, know what they give you and go in with the attitude, "I am the smartest one in the room."

Good luck

5. GroundKprs

GroundKprs LawnSite Bronze Member

Chase, the industry is charged with the training, as in most fields. Have you already had on the job training working for a licensed applicator? If not, you cannot just walk in and pick up a 3b license just by passing a test in Indiana.

There are training sessions for the core, after which they give the test. There are also one or two 3b training sessions like that. There is also a 2 day 3b training session, after which the 3b test is given. It is beneficial to attend these training sessions before taking the tests.