New to the site...

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Lawn Watcher, Apr 7, 2002.

1. Lawn Watcher

Lawn Watcher LawnSite Member

I just thought since I finally registered and posted to an article that I would just say hiya to you all... I have enjoyed reading all your posts for the last several weeks. I started about dang almost 18 years ago with my brother hauling two 21" K-mart specials, and moved up to the old E-mark square deck single belt 36" model, which I still have and use for mulching up leaves. Ran the 12 Hp Briggs into the ground the 2nd year and put a Honda on it, which is still running today. The last 3 years I haven't done anything cause I decided on a career change (due to those damn yellow jackets in the lawns!) and am starting back up this year again. Still got my old E-mark, a 36" Scag that survived a trailer flip (damn those phone calls when hooking up!) and a new 2001 Scag 36". I still need to get a new trailer thou (looks like an extra from "Twister", due to the flip). Got my eyes on a 5 X 12 which should track nice behind my Ranger, and a new 52" GD. Anyway thought I would introduce myself. Seeya all in the fields.

Dave

2. lawnrangers

lawnrangers LawnSite Member

welcome...sounds like you had one bad day

3. plow kid

plow kid Banned

Welcome to LawnSite.com!!
    ~NaTe

4. MuskTurfKing

MuskTurfKing LawnSite Senior Member

Welcome to LS, enjoy the vast amount of info here.

Hank

5. stslawncare

stslawncare LawnSite Bronze Member
    from DE

welcome to lawnsite, best place around. where in nj are u?

6. Brickman

Brickman LawnSite Bronze Member

Welcome.

I have seen a trailer like you mentioned. A friend, fellow contractor that was living 35 miles from town at the time, had his trailer flip just after he left the house one morning. He drove the whole way to town with out it, got to the first job and wondered where all his tools were. This was several years ago, and we still laugh at him.
    LOL

7. mklawnman

mklawnman LawnSite Senior Member

Welcome to Lawnsite
    Say what type of 52inch GD did you get?? Im looking into buying a 48inch Scamper with the twin levers. And about that trailer, you should have no problem pulling it around with your ranger, i have a 98 Ranger 4x4 4.0L, pulling a 6x12 with a Turf Tiger and a JD F525 three wheeler and no problem pulling stopping isnt too bad since its only a 12ft trailer with single axle, next time im getting one with brakes.
    Matt(Lawnman)

8. Lawn Watcher

Lawn Watcher LawnSite Member

Well my Ranger is a 2x4 with a 4.0L and a stick but the problems is lots of steep hills around and sometime I have to turn the trailer around in peoples driveways. In fact where I live is on top of a hill 3/4 of a mile up. Which is where I noticed my trailer passing me that fateful day.... hitch to the ground sliding along on my right. It passed me, sheared off 2 mailboxes and then slamed into a telephone pole flipping over breaking off the gate, dumping both of my 36" machines and Little Wonder all over the road. Good thing noone was around when that happened. I wonder with all the hills, pulling a GD super surfer 52" (I might get it this week, dealer is selling his demo for $4500 with 30 hours on it) and one or two 36" Scags on it if I should opt for the breaks with all the hills.:rolleyes:

9. 2 man crew

2 man crew LawnSite Senior Member

WOW! Thats quite the story.
    I would not be wondering about the breaks:D