New to the site

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Down East Prop Serv, Sep 10, 2013.

1. Down East Prop Serv

Down East Prop Serv LawnSite Member

Hey, Greg Fields here owner of Down East Property Services, I service mostly foreclosed and distressed properties in my area. I have been reading the posts here and am working my way into more customer and commercial type work but took on the foreclosure work for steady income. I have weeded out the bad companies and only work for one mainly and some real estate agents. :usflag:

2. Luke S.

Luke S. LawnSite Member

Greg, I've always wanted to get into forclosures, I actually even built a little site but never really got anything off the ground. What's the best way to get my foot in the door with this type of work? I tried banks and didn't have much luck, and really just got scared off by nationals.... :(

3. Down East Prop Serv

Down East Prop Serv LawnSite Member

Hey Luke, I got into it because my stepson was working for a friend doing this work in a different area than want I service. I checked craiglist under general labor, beware though you may have to go thru several companies before you find a good one. The company that I am with is a regional who has fair rates for this area and they have keep me busy. The only bad thing is what I got paid for at the end of august was for what I did in July. Also, try to get in with local real estate agents, if you can do the yards and clean out the debris on the property inside/outside you can make extra income. I am doing 1 property about every 7-10 days for an agent and when I am thru I get paid this helps make up the difference in getting paid once a month with the other company.:usflag: