New to the site

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by 24ON48OFF, Mar 6, 2005.

1. 24ON48OFF

24ON48OFF LawnSite Member

I stumbled upon this site today and man am I excited! What a resource for anyone who has a business. I am like many others and just getting started. Why is this business so popular to start-up. Is there an oversaturation of lawn businesses out there. I am in the North Texas area. I see people out doing lawns all the time. It works great for me because I already have a job as a firefighter. I love being outside and enjoy the work. Any advice you guys have would be appreciated.
  2. Toy2

Toy2 LawnSite Bronze Member

Welcome 24on48off, step on and enjoy the ride, the search feature has a ton of good info, you will spend 48hours just reading the info, I jumped ship or was forced out, not sure... from the corporate world to try this endeavor and some days are good and some are bad, buts its mine!! :)
  3. 24ON48OFF

How is business down there in Waco. Are there a lot of lawn businesses down there. Do yall think there is room for one more? :waving:
  4. Toy2

Toy2 LawnSite Bronze Member

God, I hope so,

I got chewed out passing fliers , so I finished passing what I had...ran an ad in the local paper, I was one of six, got some calls and a couple of jobs, now I am one of eighteen running ads, some here are willing to give it away...$15.00 to mow??? Word of mouth is helping me land a few more...and the rain doesn't seem to let up...but $10 grand in equipment and its drama from the old job....keeping it positive :)
  5. dcondon

dcondon LawnSite Silver Member

Welcome to lawnsite...... :waving:
  6. westwind

westwind LawnSite Senior Member

welcome, sure are a lot of firefighter/emt 's here. good luck.
  7. SoloMow

SoloMow LawnSite Member

Congrats! There are a lot of lawn service companies in our area and the competition is stiff. However, you know from living in North Texas that residents here fight vegetation every growing season. I have already had some mowing calls and it will last until I close shop on October 28, 2005. The only better place for a lawn company must be East Texas and the deep south. Welcome. :D
  8. 24ON48OFF

Thanks for the welcome guys, I got 2 calls from my flyers today and signed both of them up for weekly maintenance. I feel so much better now that I have my first customers.
  9. tiedeman

tiedeman LawnSite Fanatic
    from earth

welcome to the site and I hoped that you enjor yourself here
  10. robcrow03

robcrow03 LawnSite Member

Man this is a great site. I am just starting my business here in NC and have gotten a lot of great tips. Hope you folks won't mind my stupid questions from time to time.

Proud owner of R. N. Lawncare Inc.