New to this business

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by Jay Ray, Apr 4, 2004.

1. Jay Ray

Jay Ray LawnSite Fanatic

I found this site by accident. First, many thanks to Chuck, the founder. The rules here are terrific; order is far better than chaos. Next, thanks to all you veterans. I would have bought a new New Holland homeowner Z -- I think very good for what it was designed for (once per week), but thanks to you guys there is a brand new eXmark Metro gear 32 WB on my trailer (there are beaucoup 3' walk gates here with no drive gate). It's a bear to change the cut height, but on special for $1999 it seems hard to beat this machine for starting out. Almost without exception the vets advise low debt and conserve capital to the new guys, but also to get a COMMERCIAL (key word) bread and butter machine. Just wanted to say thanks and let you vets know that some folks are listening. I have no advice or expertise to offer. I did discover Stihl reliability years ago as a homeowner, so already have good sticks on the rack, FS80 and FC75. I'll be reading posts and learning -- maybe in a few years will have some advice.

Thanks to all vets for their advice,

Jay Ray

2. precisioncut

precisioncut LawnSite Senior Member

Read, Post, Learn! Welcome!