New to this site, Bed Edger Review?

Discussion in 'Landscape Architecture and Design' started by BenFPR, Jan 30, 2007.

1. BenFPR

BenFPR LawnSite Member

Hello all!

I am amazed at the size of this site. I cannot believe a site like this was ever around!

Our company has been through about every bed edger on the market. The ARA "The Rental Show" is just around the corner in Atlanta this year. I am going to take a close look at the Brown 9hp edger. Any thoughts on this one?

Our big problem is home owners and not knowing when to let off the machine and prevent the belts from slipping/burning. We thought we could prevent this problem with going the blue-bird bed bug route. Let me tell you, BIG mistake! Gear box problems left and right.

Better quality belts? It seems that in our trials and errors, a belts and belt. Landscapers seem to be ok with the belt models because they understand how the machine works. We explain the concept to home-owners but for some reason its not working out. This means we are doing service calls to replace belts ALL the time......

Looking for any input, If you have any questions on how other equipment has worked for us I would be more than happy to chat! We rent just about anything you can imagine!

Thanks again!

-Ben