New to Tree removal, not sure on pricing

Discussion in 'Landscape Maintenance' started by burnsyscapes, Apr 9, 2010.

1. burnsyscapes

burnsyscapes LawnSite Member

not sure what to price to remove and install another tree. im also doing 2 yards black mulch for him, any ideas would be awesome.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. By Us Company

By Us Company LawnSite Member

Mulch: $190 Installed.

3. burnsyscapes

exact price i charge for mulch, im thinking 360 to remove and install the tree, 4 hours of labor when really it will take 2 hours or less

4. By Us Company

I would say 275 to 350 depending on how many guys you plan on working there. But for 360 Id say your covered for a crew of 3 for four hours. Cut that back to three hours with a crew of 3 and your at 275.

5. burnsyscapes

also including putting in the other tree he gets?

6. By Us Company

Yes. You said you can do it in 2 so I was just putting it out there. It all depends what you think the client will say about your current price also. I would say anywhere between 500-550 is a good price for everything.

7. ALC-GregH

ALC-GregH LawnSite Fanatic
    from PA

How can you price his job for him without knowing his numbers?

8. ALC-GregH

ALC-GregH LawnSite Fanatic
    from PA

Also to the OP of the thread, are you licensed and insured to do tree removal?

9. By Us Company

He told me his numbers. 360 for 3 guys for 4 hours. That means hes covering it for 30 an hour. I worked off of that. I have no idea how long the job would take he told me he could do it in 2 and wanted to charge for 4 hours. And my price on the mulch is what I WOULD charge.

10. burnsyscapes

hes pretty close to what i do, i try and charge 90 an hour, covers labor which is $36 150% overhead is 54. which comes out to 90.

but im not licensed and insured and tree removal, im insured for general mowing patios walls stuff like that, trees are covered but general landscaping, no just tree removal, i dont plan on doing trees where i gota get 3 trucks out there cherry picker and such.