New Toro 21"

Discussion in 'Original Pictures Forum' started by DSLND, May 28, 2008.

1. DSLND

DSLND LawnSite Bronze Member

Well.....

Last week, both wheels on my push mower decided to fall off. Not just fall off, but the whole set up that holds the wheel on fell off as well. It could not be welded, and I was barely holding it on with some washers.

So I decided that a new push mower was the way to go. The Super Recycler was a homeowner machine, and I have put that thing through a lot in the last three years.

So I got this!

I love the commercial Toro. Its amazing.

Big Gas Tank
    Bigger Grass Catcher
    Blade Clutch
    Better Cut

Here are some pictures

-Mitch-

21 001.jpg

2. DSLND

This picture shows both mowers. The Super Recycler has been retired to my backup. It works, but it barely holds together! lol

21 002.jpg

3. KrayzKajun

KrayzKajun LawnSite Fanatic

NICE! i need to look into getting a good commercial 21"

4. lawnboy858

lawnboy858 LawnSite Senior Member

Nice mower Mitch!

Keep us updated on how it works.

Matt

5. GLS

GLS LawnSite Bronze Member

Nice purchase Mitch!

What motor is on that machine?

We have the identical mower but with a honda engine. I would love to have the large external gas tank, didn't know they still made them that way.

Good luck with it

6. freshprince94

freshprince94 LawnSite Bronze Member

Awesome. I want the eXmark version of that, basically the same but different deck.

7. kreft

kreft LawnSite Bronze Member

nice! does scag have a 21 inch?

8. DSLND

Ryan,

The mower has the 6hp Kawi. The gas tank is twice the size as the one on the Super Recycler.

Kreft,

I couldn't tell you about scag, never used one or even looked at them (no dealers close by).

-Mitch-

9. Drivefaster35

Drivefaster35 LawnSite Senior Member
    from Midwest

i also just purchased the same mower with the kawi engine. it's unbelievable how much differnce it is compared to a upscaled home owners model. i was extremly skeptical aout spending $1100.00 + on a 21" mower without ever seeing or using one (nonbe of thew dealers around here stocks anything like them) However I think so far after having it about a month it was one hell of an investment the biggest thing for me is the actual rubber tires, steel ball bearing wheels, full pressure lubbed engine, WITH AN OIL FILTER, and the bigger gas tank.

10. TheChiefsLawnCare

TheChiefsLawnCare LawnSite Senior Member

Man, great choice, I LOVE the big fuel tank in mine. That was one of the reasons why I got the kawi moter and a toro and not a snapper. Im so happy they got a different clutch setup cause in mine, which is last years model. Mine has that big metal plate and i seem to bang my knee into it, and it really hurts.