New Toro 36" w/Flex-deck

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by gravedigger5, Jun 26, 2003.

1. gravedigger5

gravedigger5 LawnSite Senior Member

I posted about a month ago about hydro vs belt 36". Just wanted to thank everybody for their input. Ended up getting a new Toro 36" hydro fixed deck, identical to the Exmark Viking. Added a bull rider sulky and a Flex-deck attachment. The FD went on easy and have been really amazed at the trimming capability of this setup. I am really surprised more lco's on here don't have them, mine is proving out to be a real time saver. I'm still out to lunch on the Bull rider, probably could have gotten by with something cheaper, but it sure is heavy duty. This is my first "hydro" walk behind and I love it:blush: , will never want to use a belt drive again. Thanks Marc

2. Doc Pete

Doc Pete LawnSite Gold Member

Well, if you got anything else without castors, you couldn't get into those tight spots and then Back up and out, with "complete" confidence. So, with that in mind, the bullyrider isn't much more than other castored velkys, and it's just built better. Also, you'll love the "roll limiter". I've gone over 10" sink holes and the roll limiter keep the velky from tipping. It's like the hole isn't there. And, all the bushings and stuff will last much longer, too.
    Pete

3. FrankenScagMachines

FrankenScagMachines LawnSite Platinum Member
    from IN

I didn't realize Toro made a fixed deck hydro (thought they only made belt drives in fixed deck) anyway congrats and good luck, let us know how the Toro and F-D hold up.

4. ULTIMATE LAWN

ULTIMATE LAWN Banned
    from AL

Can you please post a pic.

I also was not aware Toro produced a fixed deck hydro recently.

5. gravedigger5

gravedigger5 LawnSite Senior Member

Toro just came out with this mower for 2003. My dealer had to special order it, cause the area rep didn't even have one yet for anybody to demo. this year it was only available in a pistol grip cause Toro was redoing their t-bar line or something. The mower itself is identical to the Exmark Viking fixed deck hydro. (Toro-Exmark imagine that:rolleyes: )

Just got back in from mowing. Thursday's route I usually leave the ZTR at home and use a 21" and a wb on all my smaller yards. Well today I left the 21" on the trailer and only used the new 36"w/flex deck (54" total cut). Cut my time by well over an hour and managed to average just over $1 a min from the time I unloaded at the first yard until I loaded up at the last yard. Before I was only averaging $40 to $45 an hour. Marc

6. Nope, you can't have a Flex-Deck, I will make sure of it

Marc nice to not have to use that small mower isn't it?

7. ULTIMATE LAWN

ULTIMATE LAWN Banned
    from AL

How are the hydro's on the newer T-Bars? I gave up on Toro because older models have been too jumpy even with excessive adjustments.

8. REread his post, he's got pistol grips.....................................

9. FrankenScagMachines

FrankenScagMachines LawnSite Platinum Member
    from IN

Marc, sounds like a good money makin' time saving machine! Now you should be able to add a couple more lawns on Thursday :cool:
    Plus your fatigue is waaay down right? How do you like the Bullrider? Too bad you couldn't get the T-bar on it. Just for curiosity why didn't you go get an eXmark Viking with ECS? Is the price about the same? Did you get the Toro because of the dealer?
    Thanks,
    Eric

10. LawnScapers of Dayton

LawnScapers of Dayton LawnSite Silver Member
    Male, from Dayton, OH

Pardon the stupidity....What is a flex-deck???

Derek