New Toro 52

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by Dr.Jay, Feb 3, 2007.

1. Dr.Jay

Dr.Jay LawnSite Member

Just looking on buying a new toro 52,dont no about pricing
    there is a dealer around the corner.are toros good machines?
    what hp should be on this?Im looking to spend 7000-9000
    on this.

2. lawnpro724

lawnpro724 LawnSite Silver Member

23hp for 52" TurboForce deck will do a nice job and have plenty of power. I have several Toro's and in my opinion they have the best cut out there. Toro is one of the most reliable mowers you can own and parts availability is everywhere and just about every service dept. works on them when they need it. I hear it all the time about Scag or Lesco cheerleaders how they think they have the best but I would run my Toro TurboForce up against any mower out there for quality of cut and would bet Toro would come out on top every time.

3. Mowtown Mike

Mowtown Mike LawnSite Member

I have two 52" Toros, I really like my 2003 19 hp Kawi motor, It is nible and does hills very well. The other is a 2006 30hp Kohler mower with a bagger. This mower is ok, not great by any means. Very heavy and bulky. The 30 hp motor seems to be weaker than the 19hp. Not sure why. It was also expensive $11,300. I wouldn't recommend it to others. It cuts good on flat surfaces but hills and slight inclines it bogs down and slips all over the place. The leaf collection system works well, but it only has two bags so it fills up fast. I wanted the 3 bag system, but I had to get a 60" deck which I did not want. I thought getting the biggest engine I could would be awesome but it is just OK.