new toro 60" wb??

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by ajlandscaping, Jul 23, 2005.

1. ajlandscaping

ajlandscaping LawnSite Member

is it true that toro is coming out with or trying to come out with a w/b that is goin to have a 60-72" cutting deck?

if so where can i find some info on this i talked to a dealer and he quickly mentioned something bout it but not much

2. Envy Lawn Service

Envy Lawn Service LawnSite Fanatic

I have no facts to support it, but yes I do expect a 60" walkbehind with a Turbo Force deck. Pretty much the Toro version of the big Turf Tracers.

3. splatz100

splatz100 LawnSite Senior Member

Scag once made a 72" walk behind...I think

4. Envy Lawn Service

Yeah they did, fixed deck belt drives even....

5. splatz100

splatz100 LawnSite Senior Member

Yea I remember awhile back seeing one, it had dual tires on the back.

6. 6'7 330

6'7 330 LawnSite Bronze Member

Anyone know if Toro is going to have a 36 inch with a turboforce? We currently use Exmark mowers .Our dealer is leaving Exmark and is going to start selling Toro next spring.

He is mucho great person, bends over backwards to help us and if Toro comes up to Exmark standards ,we are going Toro next spring.

7. ToroLandscaper

ToroLandscaper LawnSite Bronze Member

I hope they come out with a 60" turbo force deck with a 23Hp motor that would be awesome..

8. Envy Lawn Service

Bill,

Unless you are using floating 36's they are the same mower pretty much anyways, deck included.
    With a dealer like that, I believe I would stay loyal and jump ship with him.

9. drmiller100

drmiller100 LawnSite Senior Member

just curious, but why is a wb better then ztr?

thanks.

10. MTR

MTR LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Florida

It is cheaper to operate, in addition to being more durable than Z (those mechanical model), WB won't break down easily. If you are good at sulky and know how to operate, it is as good and effective as but not better than a Z. It is more versatile than any other cutting machine. One thing for sure, you don't have big debt like owning a Z. There are ton of used WB available in market with so attractive price that you can get your lawn biz started overnight.