New Toro Commercial 21s

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing Equipment' started by Church2224, Dec 24, 2013.

1. Church2224

Church2224 LawnSite Senior Member

Pretty much this.
  2. LawnSite Senior Member
    from Ontario

Hey church2224, they do make a hydro floating deck walk behind with a turbo force deck, haven't seen many in action, the controls appear to be like a stander/z-turn style, the ECS system is truly unique. As for the reliability of Toro, I stand behind them, I have 2 22156 light duty commercial self propelled and they are great, these are my primary machines and cut 12-18 lawns a day, 3 days a week. Very solid and light and quick, also side discharge is a great feature. As for these new ones, I dunno, doesn't seem like anything new and exciting. Here is a picture of the Toro for church2224

3. Church2224

Yeah , Local, I have seen the Toro Hydro walk behinds, only a couple in person though. While I like them I wish they had the ECS controls and I wish they had one on a 36 and a 60. But those are good units though.
  4. XYZLawnPros

XYZLawnPros LawnSite Senior Member

I'm all for keeping things simple. But then I look at that new toro commercial and see crap on it that it does not ever need (an engine protection bar?) as well as some of the simpler parts on it(throttle and cable just waiting to fail). It is 30 to 60 years later and their engineers are on crack if they can't design a better handle bar. Toro reminds me of the big 3 automakers in this country. They have become useless innovators in this day and age. On top of it what is toro going to charge for this machine? Waiting for any explanation as to why it should be priced over 650 federal reserve notes.

I've tried every iteration of toro 21 inch machines, commercial and residential. In my opinion I'd rather shoot myself than use another toro ever. Even the new 30 inch commercial we tried IN MINNESOTA was an epic joke failure for our needs, and we run smaller deck equipment day in and day out.

Yes roger I agree about the way rotary mowers work. It has not changed. Maybe my idea of using ...,ahh almost let the cat out of the bag. :)
  5. arkansas502

arkansas502 LawnSite Member

I just purchased the exmark 21 x series yesterday for the upcoming year. It seemed like a good mower. Im guessing the exmark and toro are the same mower. I use a 21 very little but tired of buying a new one from a box store every year. I hope it does better than the box store 21s or it was a big was of a grand.
  6. STLTurfmanagement

STLTurfmanagement LawnSite Member

Apparently the 2014 model is drastically different then the commercial 21's they've been making for the past 10+ years. I'm curious to hear how it works out, when I spoke with the toro rep he said it was redesigned to be a better bagging mower then the old style and the kick lever gear changing device was relocated/removed not too sure. I own two commercial toros (2006), and a 2013. I love them for my small city properties to get in an out of gates.
    Posted via Mobile Device
  7. Church2224

I currently own two of the Exmarks, and they are great units.
  8. ducnut

ducnut LawnSite Bronze Member

I didn't realize you had room on your trailer for pushers. :laugh:
  9. STLTurfmanagement

STLTurfmanagement LawnSite Member

I don't on my open trailer, they're in my city route enclosed trailer.

10. Church2224

What size is that Walk behind? A 32 or a 36?