New Toro Commercial 21s

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing Equipment' started by Church2224, Dec 24, 2013.

1. STLTurfmanagement

STLTurfmanagement LawnSite Member

It's a 98 32" exmark metro
    Posted via Mobile Device

2. vegandude

vegandude LawnSite Senior Member

I own a 21 exmark and the metal deck portion of it looks to be the same deck as my exmark except for the front wheel adjustment. New and improved or just going to one manufactoring line to increase profits

3. STLTurfmanagement

STLTurfmanagement LawnSite Member

Is the exmark the same design as the toro or are they completely different? Price difference?
    Posted via Mobile Device

4. ducnut

ducnut LawnSite Bronze Member

Sounds like the same as the 30".

5. lawnboy dan

lawnboy dan LawnSite Gold Member

as usual roger is on the ball. looks like the 3 speed is gone and another one speed trans is being forced fed to us.toro is working hard to loose my biz. one speed dosnt cut it

6. Church2224

Church2224 LawnSite Senior Member

Only one unit has the one speed, the other four have a three speed. Also I have no idea why people complain about the one speed in the first place, both of my Exmarks have a one speed and it works just fine.

7. vegandude

vegandude LawnSite Senior Member

I think that the tranny gear issue is a personnal thing as I prefer a single. Both my 21 and 30 are single while my 26 is a three speed. I don't dislike the 3speed but i don't prefer it. If your running along and hit a spot that requires a different speed you don't have to take time to mess with gearing.

8. lawnboy dan

lawnboy dan LawnSite Gold Member

can that one speed pull you up a long hill on a 95 deg day? can it crawl at a slow pace to cut down a severely over grown yard? still work fine?

9. Church2224

Church2224 LawnSite Senior Member

I have had one for two years, and the other one year, and have had no issues. And yes, their transmissions have pulled me up hills and even some steep ditching. They did get caught in mud because of the poor ground and the rain last year. That said my Turf Tracer 48 did as well and that thing will haul.

Also, I was amazed how my Commercial 21s and plow through the thick stuff. I have a couple of bad yards that grow at a very rapid rate and it handled it. The only issue the design has is that they lack a side or rear discharge chute. Definitely wish they would do something like what Honda does with the rear discharge chute.

10. arkansas502

arkansas502 LawnSite Member

Heres my new 21 inch Exmark X series.

IMG_1492.jpg