New Toro Grandstand question

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by JimMac, Oct 10, 2008.

1. JimMac

JimMac LawnSite Member

Hi all;
    I notice Toro finally posted the specs on the grandstand mower. It doesn't say the overall weight of the machine. Does anyone know the weight of this new mower? Also, how is the quality of cut with that particular deck? I believe it is the ultra cut deck... is this a good deck? does it have good clipping dispersal? Thanks for the 411.
    JimMac

2. dura to the max

dura to the max LawnSite Silver Member
    from georgia

the ultra cut deck is what exmark uses on the tthp's. the grandstand is equipped with the turbo force deck which i am not too familiar with. ive used that deck once on a loaner but the blades werent sharp so i cant really say..

3. mowerbrad

mowerbrad LawnSite Fanatic

I demoed a Toro Z master with the turbo force deck in august and it was a very good deck. It should have the adjustable baffle which allows you to choose how the deck will cut in certain conditions. When I demoed it, I left the baffle wide open and it would disperse the clippings at least 12 feet away if not more. I was able to cut at full speed without sacraficing the quality of the cut. Overall the turbo force deck is quite a good deck. But it doesn't stripe too well without the stripping kit.

4. MileHigh

MileHigh LawnSite Silver Member

what's up dura.

actually the ultra cut deck goes on the turf tracers and some ztr's, the tri-vantage deck goes on the turf tracer hp's.

5. Swampy

Swampy LawnSite Bronze Member

All I got to add is don't get a roller stripe kit, mine kept falling off and the ZTR would crush it. I tried everything with it from Lock tight to Jam nuts. Since then got that mud flap one works perfect but I need to change it after 2 seasons use.

But the deck is awesome, even with double cutting large areas with another machine.

6. jameson

jameson LawnSite Fanatic
    from PNW

Regarding the 52" machine, from the horse's mouth. . .

7. jbell36

jbell36 LawnSite Bronze Member
    from KANSAS

wow i like those specs...does anyone really know how much it is going to be? i've heard roughly $8,000

8. Big Wes

Big Wes LawnSite Member

For that kind of money you can buy a Z and be sitting down instead of standing and ducking tree limbs.:rolleyes: