New Toro hydro WB

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by racer56, Oct 15, 2007.

1. racer56

racer56 LawnSite Senior Member
    from Kansas

Anyone have one of these? How do you like it? Any info?

2. jbannick18

jbannick18 LawnSite Senior Member

I bought the 36 with the fixed deck/pistol grips. I love it no complaints here

3. DuallyVette

DuallyVette LawnSite Gold Member

I have an old 52" 20 hp with the T bar. Its a PIA to operate. Employees usually can't run it in a straight line.

4. cgaengineer

cgaengineer LawnSite Fanatic

Are you talking about the T2? If so I have one and I love it...add the Tru-Trac and you have a machine that almost anyone could be happy with. Feel free to ask me anything about this machine. I know of one other person on this forum who has one and its the 40" T2 just like mine with the Tru-Trac and he likes his alot.

5. DCE

DCE LawnSite Senior Member

I'm currently demo-ing a T2 in the 19/48 configuration. Model 30498 I believe. If anyone wants pics, let me know.

6. NJT

NJT LawnSite Member

I have an old 52" 20 hp with the T bar. Its a PIA to operate. Employees usually can't run it in a straight line.

Tell us more about the T-Bar. Looking to upgrade for the Spring and was intrigued by these. What don't you like about them?

7. DCE

DCE LawnSite Senior Member

OK, here are some pics:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Because the T2 T-Bar operates in similar fashion to ZTR's, one can become quite familiar with how the mower handles in a relatively short time. The T2 is easy to control and make close-in trimming maneuvers. You hold the controls on the sides as opposed to up top like some do with ZTRs. As you can see in the pics, the operator station is simple and self-explanatory. Throttle and choke controls are easy to reach from where your hands are placed on the levers. This is the first time I've run a dual hydro before and it only took me about 15 minutes with the engine on half throttle to get used to turning and making 3 pt turns without scuffing. The dual reference bars allow you to make smooth and precise maneuvers easily. You just have to get a feel for how responsive it is. And I think it is very responsive. Maybe cgaengineer can chime in with some other points about the controls that I may have missed. Before you dismiss it, try it out first and see.

8. racer56

from Kansas

How does this deck do with gator blades on it? I'm looking for a way to still side discharge in heavy fescue lawns and have it look good. Even if I have to go over it twice to not bag would be well worth it. Does the bigger decks have more anti-scalp wheels? Do you have any problems with scapling with yours? How is the stripe? Enough weight on the front for a proslide? IS the right side control bent at a 45 degree angle or is that the way I'm looking at it?

9. racer56

from Kansas

I think I see that the right side stick must also be a parking brake and normally at the same angle as the other side? Anything you don't care for on the mower?

10. cgaengineer

cgaengineer LawnSite Fanatic

I find that with these controls it is best to operate by resting thumbs and pulling controls with your hands on the lower part of the steel bar. The controls are very easy to operate (Especially for me since I have never used another control). My wife is not a mower fanatic like I am and she loves to use the mower on our lawn. Paired with the Tru-Trac you will have a very easy to use machine that is both comfortably and fast.