1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

New Toro T2

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by LCPullman, Feb 22, 2008.

1. LCPullman

LCPullman LawnSite Senior Member

Just got my new 36" Toro T2-bar mower delivered and thought I'd post some pictures.

2. Grits

Grits LawnSite Silver Member
    from Florida

Congrats. How do you like the new controls compared to the old style? I haven't had an opportunity to try the T2 out yet.
  3. lawnpro724

lawnpro724 LawnSite Silver Member

Man, we must be getting lazy in this business to need an electric start on a walkbehind but other than that its a nice mower.
  4. Jason Rose

Jason Rose LawnSite Fanatic

Just curious as to what that cost? I heard they were VERY expensive, well up there with the Exmarks and new Scags... I'm guessing about $6,250 with the catcher?
  5. LCPullman

I never used the old-style T-Bar Hydro. I used the T-Bar gear and loved it, wouldn't have anything else in gear drive. But in hydro, I've just used the H-Bar.
  6. LCPullman

Yes, it is plenty, $5650 for the mower and $400 for the catcher. But well worth every cent. Time will tell, but from my experience, it looks like a bulletproof machine.
  7. S man

S man LawnSite Gold Member

Wow. That's a lot for a 36" w/b!!! I can get a exmark lazer hp for $6000 with 46" deck in my area.
  8. jbell36

jbell36 LawnSite Bronze Member
    from KANSAS

wow, that is exactly the mower i want for this season...i got a quote for it here in town and they told me the exact same price...that mower really is bulletproof, it's 36", floating deck, hydro...i'm not sure about the new controls, i hear they are badass...i haven't even tried the old t-bar...keep me posted on how you like it when u run it during the season...
  9. LCPullman

From what I have seen, the riders with small decks 34-48 are often only slightly more than the walk-behinds with similar decks.
    But there are some places you simply cannot take a rider. So walk-behinds are a necessity .
  10. S man

S man LawnSite Gold Member

I agree, but would get a plain old belt drive fixed deck if I was going with a w/b.