New Toro Z Bagger

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by NHLawns, Sep 27, 2002.

1. NHLawns

NHLawns LawnSite Member
    from NH

Got the new bagging system for my Toro Z put on today. Looks pretty sweet, good design, and looks to be pretty easy to maintain. Its raining kind of hard right now, but I did do a few rows in my own yard. Looks like I will have wait for Saturday or Sunday to give it real test

2. Blessed 1

Blessed 1 LawnSite Senior Member

Is it the dump from the seat kind? How much? They are $1895 here. I really would love to have one!:D

3. gravedigger5

gravedigger5 LawnSite Senior Member

I demo'd one (DFS system) yesterday at my dealer, his area rep had it there to show off. It did a nice job, but seemed like it made the machine alot heavier. i think he said in the neighborhood of 600lbs empty. (not positive on that??) Have to add baffles to bottom of deck and are somewhat time consuming to remove to switch back to side discharge. But I was impressed when he dumped about a half a load of grass and leaves out the back then turned around ran over the pile and sucked it ALL back up! No clumps or anything left on the ground.:eek: I think you would almost have to have a machine dedicated to solely use this system because it just seemed to be a lot of work to take on and off several times throughout the season. JMHO Marc

4. gravedigger5

I demo'd one (DFS system) yesterday at my dealer, his area rep had it there to show off. It did a nice job, but seemed like it made the machine alot heavier. i think he said in the neighborhood of 600lbs empty. (not positive on that??) Have to add baffles to bottom of deck and are somewhat time consuming to remove to switch back to side discharge. But I was impressed when he dumped about a half a load of grass and leaves out the back then turned around ran over the pile and sucked it ALL back up! No clumps or anything left on the ground.:eek: I think you would almost have to have a machine dedicated to solely use this system because it just seemed to be a lot of work to take on and off several times throughout the season. JMHO Marc

5. gravedigger5

oops, sorry about the double post, my computer was trying to lock up on me, tried to delete one but wouldn't let me. Sorry, Marc

6. we put two on two different z100 series for the up comeing leaf season.

Nearly every time you take the machine with the baggers on em off the trailer it bangs the road.
    Th weight kit must weight 150 lbs.They sure do operate quiet.

Cut same tall wet grass and they do bag well .Im hopeing with atomic blades the bagger will do good bagging leaves.

7. gravedigger5

Odin, are yours the soft bagger or the new DFS? Marc

8. gravedigger

Its the dfs for the 100 series mowers its 9 cubic feet.

That back part of the bagger sure does'nt have much ground clearence .