New Toro Z

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Shuter, Jul 23, 2005.

1. Shuter

Shuter LawnSite Bronze Member

Here are some pictures of my new Toro Z - 450. 48" deck with a 23 hp Kawi, with the collection system.

HPIM1264.JPG

HPIM1265.JPG

2. stevesmowing

stevesmowing LawnSite Senior Member

looks nice. Watch that roll bar and low tree branches... I've heard some bad stories about flipping the machines over.

3. Shuter

The roll bar is new for me. My old Z did not have that.

4. Tonyr

Tonyr LawnSite Bronze Member

yup, while the ROPS is good, and able to be folded easy, I've been caught under branches and had the front up in the air....certainly gives you a fright!

Nice unit btw, hope it earns well for you!

I've got the Z588E, you will learn to love the turbo force deck.

keep an eye on the clips that hold the spindle covers on, they tend to wear quick, bloody covers fall off then! true! mine has the metal covers, yours are plastic and might not have the same prob.

Nice set up.

5. 6'7 330

6'7 330 LawnSite Bronze Member

Nice looking mower, how do you like the collection system? We are thinking seriously about Toro, to replace a couple of our ageing Z's.

6. Shuter

6' 7, The collection system works well, unless the grass is very wet and high. Then I double cut at a higher height. This mower replaces another Toro I had.

I was comparing Toro and Exmark. Toro has purchased Exmark. The only difference I found between the Toro z-450 and the Exmark Laser Z HP is the deck. The engine, hydros, and frame work are the same. The tire size is 1 " smaller on the Toro. The collection system is different on the Examrk, so I went with my expereinces with Toro.

7. ToroLandscaper

ToroLandscaper LawnSite Bronze Member

How much did the collection system run you?

8. S man

S man LawnSite Gold Member

oooooooh. I want one! :cry:

9. Shuter

Toro, the collection system is 2 bag and cost $1600.00.

10. tacoma200

tacoma200 LawnSite Fanatic

Good looking outfit. It did strike me as odd that Toro put the controls on the left gas tank instead of the right. I can't think of a good reason considering all the right handed people out there. No biggy, just an observation. Nice Mower.