1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

new toro z

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Stinky, Apr 25, 2004.

1. Stinky

Stinky LawnSite Member

does anyone have the new toro z and how does it do. going to try and get a demo tomorrow to try. love my 1999 model
  2. barringtonbrothers

barringtonbrothers LawnSite Senior Member

I have a toro z and I kick my self every day for not going with a Exmark. From talking to many people including exmark, the mowers are the same/ but the decks are different. My toro is a great mower, but its still not as good as a comparable exmark.
  3. GrassFearsMe

GrassFearsMe LawnSite Senior Member

I luv the deck on ours what a cut with little clog in wet grass.
  4. Tonyr

Tonyr LawnSite Bronze Member

Yeah, the new Toro models are great.

This is my ''new'' Z588E, it's going strong, great cut!

5. Tonyr

Tonyr LawnSite Bronze Member

6. TLS

TLS LawnSite Fanatic

Does anyone know for sure if the roll bar is easily REMOVED from the Toro or Exmarks?
  7. MacLawnCo

MacLawnCo LawnSite Bronze Member

8. Leisure Lawn

Leisure Lawn LawnSite Member

If you remove the ROPS you will have absolutely no recourse against the manufacturer in case of any liability issues due to the fact that you altered their machine..

Just something to keep in mind as we all know..stuff does happen!!
  9. scottishmaximus

scottishmaximus LawnSite Senior Member
    from ohio

anyone know if the new deck on the toro z rider deck cuts any better than the exmark lazer's ultra cut? I like the toro deck height adjuster better, as well as the suspension seat adjuster. I also like it that the toro has a jack and rubber discharge chute. The toro is a couple hundred $ cheaper.

Any reason why I should get the exmark over the toro besides dealer support?
  10. Leisure Lawn

Leisure Lawn LawnSite Member

If you are looking for an awesome machine at a great price try the Great Dane Chariot riders.....we get awesome dealer support and the new units have been bullet proof.

$6899 for a 61" 25 HP Chariot rider with a 2 year commercial warranty!!

Where in Ohio are you located??