1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

New toro z500 question....

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by 2k1yzfr1, Mar 10, 2004.

1. 2k1yzfr1

2k1yzfr1 LawnSite Senior Member

I just ordered a 52" toro with a 27 Kohler that should be in on Friday. I'm wondering about an OCDC for it?? What ones work on it and which do y'all recommend??
    Also I have to choice of a mulching kit or a set of blades, and replacements belts. How do mulch kits on bigger mowers work?? I have one for my 44" lazer ZHP but with only 17 hp it doesn't work worth a damn in thick grass. What should I put on this new mower?? :confused:
  2. Tonyr

Tonyr LawnSite Bronze Member

I just bought the Z588E, great model range!
    I mulch a lot, the kit is excellent, thick grass, wet grass, sappy legume weeds etc, no probs, no clogs.

MasterChute is the name of a brand/company who makes a great ocdc, and they have them for these new toro's now.

I'd get one myself only imported and in our currency I'd have to sell the mother in law to finance it....hmmmmm, OK, I ordered one! ha,ha.

congrats on your new mower, these things are great!
    they did their homework on this model range....

Before you order your mulch kit, may want to see how much effort is involved in fitting it, the kits are different for each deck apparently, my 60'' is quite a task to install, but is magic when in use. I'm playing with the idea of using gators all of the time when side discharging, and playing with the adjustable baffle, so I can leave the deck side discharging, saves time. But a ocdc would be a good investment as these decks really throw the clippings out, even with mulch blades, clever deck this one~!

sorry for the babble, must be the damn rain!