New Toro Zero Turn

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by puppypaws, Sep 15, 2006.

1. puppypaws

puppypaws LawnSite Fanatic

There is a new Toro zero turn that the public is not aware of yet, it goes into full production in November of this year. The Toro people said there is nothing that compares in the zero turn category, it has a 28 hp Kubota diesel and a 35 hp turbo charged Kubota diesel and all types of deck configurations. They are going to bring one to my farm and leave it for a day so I can try it in dry and damp conditions early in the morning. This is not a cheap piece of machinery but I will find out if it is worth the money. They are going to bring the turbo with a 72" mulching deck first then they want me to try the side discharge later. I said that thing will have to be very powerful to mulch with that big of a deck and he said I have cut 6" grass taking off 3" and it made the grass dissappear, I told him I would need to see that to believe it. They are sending me a brochure that only the reps have at this time, it will be mailed to me by the first of next week.

2. rodfather

rodfather LawnSite Fanatic

interesting...btw why were you chosen?

3. puppypaws

I have a friend in charge of the cities mowing including the 18 hole golf course there and he keeps up with all the newest commercial mowing equipment on the market. He told me what was going to happen so I gave them a call and they asked me how I new about this new mower because it had not come out to the public yet and I told him. We then started talking and hit it off pretty good so I just mentioned that it sounded like one horse of a mower and I would like the chance to run one and this is how it started, a lot of times the way you talk and relate to people can get a lot accomplished.

4. rodfather

rodfather LawnSite Fanatic

Good for you...it should be interesting to say the least. Keep us informed too btw if ya would.

5. mowtech

mowtech LawnSite Senior Member

6. 6'7 330

6'7 330 LawnSite Bronze Member

Is the TurboForce going to be re-designed for this mower?

7. puppypaws

I will ask that question, the web address you see above is all I know about it at this time. I was just told it was a monster of a zero turn mower. The statement that was made to me was it was a heavy duty build zero turn on steroids.

8. JTF40

JTF40 LawnSite Senior Member

I am the biggest fan of Kubota Diesels and I predict that this particular Toro will cost in excess of $15,000.00 !!!!!!:weightlifter: :usflag:

9. BMFD92

BMFD92 LawnSite Senior Member

that looks like one mean machine. Take a look at what you can turn it into for snow removal. That is one cool machine.

10. puppypaws

You will be correct. I'll bet that 35 turbo will be a strong setup.