New Toro Z's

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by HazellLawnCare, Aug 14, 2003.

1. HazellLawnCare

HazellLawnCare LawnSite Senior Member

Ok guys what do you think of the new Toro's. I'm getting ready to buy all new stuff and was going to go with an Exmark dealer that is a little over an hour away. But now I see the new decks on the Toro's and think I might purchase them instead since there is a good Toro dealer here in town.

2. HazellLawnCare

Hard to believe no one has anything to say!

3. Lawn-Scapes

Lawn-Scapes LawnSite Silver Member

I will be demoing one next Wednesday.

4. HazellLawnCare

Let me know what you think. I will be deciding between 2 liquid cooled lazer z's with the ultravac or 2 of the new 60" liquid cooled Toro's with the 3 bag bagger.

5. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

With the Lazers, it's guaranteed. You know what your getting. There is no "has anyone tried this in this condition, or that condition?"
    The stamped deck is always the victor in this game of wear and tear.

6. DUSTYCEDAR

DUSTYCEDAR LawnSite Fanatic
    from PA

test ride a ferris 5000 with 31hp cat diesel ride nicer than some cars cost more to

7. Moguy

Moguy LawnSite Member

I looked at one today and wondered why the steering levers were much thicker than the Exmarks. When you sat in the seat they didnt leave much space to feel comfortable.

8. DUSTYCEDAR

DUSTYCEDAR LawnSite Fanatic
    from PA

the handles adjust up and out i think.
    i run exmarks but i was impresed with the 5000

9. Envy Lawn Service

Envy Lawn Service LawnSite Fanatic

I saw the new Toro in Turf Mag. I went to Toro's site to check it out, but of course Toro's site lacks any detail or pictures of what interests me.

No way do I have time to run by the Toro dealer to see if they have any in to check out. Could someone who has seen this new deck describe it?

I don't know why but I picture it being a John Deere 7-Iron deck with an adjustable baffle.

10. MacLawnCo

MacLawnCo LawnSite Bronze Member

Envy,

its not a 7 iron at all. i saw it and thought the similarities between it and the exmarks were very "close". There are now baffles in the front which have never been there and in the back, which i dont remember if they were there before. Its very beefy, and fully welded. It says 5.5" deep, and seemed every bit of that.