1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

new toros vs exmark

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by mjoiner, Apr 14, 2005.

1. mjoiner

mjoiner LawnSite Member

Sorry if this has been discussed. But...
    Whats the difference? I looked at both today and both dealers claim to be better. Looks like to me that the toro is heavier in the frame and has the roll under on the deck front. The exmark has the foot assisted deck raise, quick adjust tracking but no grease spindles. Also read at one time the exmark had a deeper deck for better tall grass cutting. I can get the toro 450 48" with Kaw 23 hp or the exmark z hp 52" cut with the Kol 20 hp for about $6900. after tax plus the zero pay/fin til jan 06. The exmark would be more but its in a 4% lower tax state. Which one and are these good prices?

2. johnnyusa

johnnyusa LawnSite Senior Member

Just the other day / I was talking to a friend who is a huge dealer of both machines ( Toro and exmark ) we were talking about walk behinds and he said hands down Exmark, Especially in the Hydro. In the riders he said Toro Makes a nicer machine now. I trust this guys opinion he's very smart and been in the business for yrs. As far as the 48" vs 52" go w/ the 52" Toro, If you can swing it,there is a difference in QUALITY of CUT and Time. Good Luck.

3. CBB

CBB LawnSite Member
    from MS/LA

The Exmark also has the new semi pneumatic no flat front tires. A better mulching system, and better customer support as a company. But it all comes down to demo each, and decide on where you are going to get better service for each machine.
  4. KathysLGC

KathysLGC LawnSite Bronze Member

How so?

Don't they use the same hydros?