1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

New Toy Added Today

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Albery's Lawn & Tractor, Aug 29, 2007.

1. Albery's Lawn & Tractor

Albery's Lawn & Tractor LawnSite Bronze Member

Well it's new to me, its a JD 425 ALL-WHEEL-STEER. This girl will turn almost like zero turn. 60" deck, 20HP L/C motor, Only 790 hours on the clock. Needs a new set of blades but thats about it. We ordered a new seat, and this winter we'll pull the body off and paint it.

2. Envy Lawn Service

Envy Lawn Service LawnSite Fanatic

Sweet ride!
  3. rodfather

rodfather LawnSite Fanatic

looks like someone had a plow blade on the front at one time
  4. cgaengineer

cgaengineer LawnSite Fanatic

My neighbor has one of those...its a decent mower.
  5. Laner

Laner LawnSite Senior Member

I bought my first JD (425 AWS) in 2001 brand new. Ran it until this spring with just over 1300 hrs on it, then traded it in for another JD (X724 4WS). Loved mowing with that tractor as it turned so much shorter than the standard steer mowers that I was used to (Toro 520 Lxi). That JD was built link a tank. The frame, deck, everything was very strong, the AWS linkages need to be replaced after time as they get very loose. I replaced the first link at 1100 hrs and the other was ready for replacement when I traded it off.
    I have used these JD AWS tractors for commercial mowing for the past 6 years. They are great for mowing hills and ditches where a ztr won't or it unsafe.
  6. Envy Lawn Service

Now that we are talking about tractor mowers...

Have any of you guys looked into the new GR series from Kubota?

7. cutbetterthanyou

cutbetterthanyou LawnSite Bronze Member

They are nice a buddy of mine has 6 of them some gas some diesel. He won't even try a ztr.
  8. G.M.Landscaping

G.M.Landscaping LawnSite Senior Member

Never knew they made a 4-wheel steering tractor. That's pretty sweet.
  9. Envy Lawn Service

What is your honest opinion of the new versus the old?
  10. WhitakerServices

WhitakerServices LawnSite Member

I ran a 445 for a couple of years. great tractor. nice finish with the deck on nice yards , but also capable at tall heights and field mowing. Watch the radiator it will clog quite quickly especially in the dusty times.