New toy for next year

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by tiedeman, Nov 30, 2004.

1. tiedeman

tiedeman LawnSite Fanatic
    from earth

2. Lawnchoice

Lawnchoice LawnSite Senior Member

Those things look great, especially for snow operations.

Bobcat has some ad's running in the trade mags with some great pictures.
  3. ALarsh

ALarsh LawnSite Silver Member
    from Midwest

Whats the msrp on those?
  4. rick2752

rick2752 LawnSite Member

No way could I justify that price!! 35k I would rather buy a new bobcat and a ton of other attachments before paying that much for that.
  5. naturescaretaker

naturescaretaker LawnSite Senior Member

Agreed... to a point. It depends on what he is going to use it for. The right tool for the right job is priceless in some circumstances. I just bought a A300 Bobcat with the bells and whistles and paid dearly for everything. However, when I do the math on how much manpower (hours) I will save with the A300 just laying sod on a roll, my recovery on investiment will pay for itself in 27 months. That's just for sod. We've had it two weeks now and we have doubled our abilities to lay sod.

I guess it comes down to how will it increase your productivity and use application. It makes you no money sitting in the yard looking pretty....

One other thought. You may want to look at it's lifting capacity if you get into sod. It will not pick up a pallet.
  6. tiedeman

tiedeman LawnSite Fanatic
    from earth

I am going to be using it a lot for lawn renovation. Already have four major projects ready to go for next year. Those four alone will pay for about 1/3 of the price.

I also might be getting a huge property to mow, approx 14-17 acres signed on for 2 years. I have to go out and remeasure it again once this snow melts tonight.

It will come in handy for a lot of other projects as well, ALOT!
  7. impactlandscaping

impactlandscaping LawnSite Silver Member

Troy, we have rented that machine on a job last spring, and loved it.We had a wall install down by a lake with no other access to get in to the area.The toolcat was very handy in hauling blocks and sand/gravel down a steep incline. As others have said, right tool, right use, and for a solo operator, it will come in very handy indeed. I would be interested to see how well you could see from the cab when Harley Raking. I have been using a Ditch Witch SK 500 most of the summer, and was thinking of buying one next year, but have decided on a Ventrac 4200VXD instead. I think it's the right tool for us.Good luck with it! P.S.-Get the AC option... The AC rocks in the cab!