1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

New Toy Pics

Discussion in 'Landscape Architecture and Design' started by ksland, Apr 23, 2004.

1. ksland

ksland LawnSite Senior Member

Very impressive so far.

dsc01944.jpg

2. ksland

Another shot, Enclosed cab with heat.

dsc01943.jpg

3. The Good Earth

The Good Earth LawnSite Member

I ran an S185 last fall. Loved it. The one I used was the Gold Series. I was in heaven. Had the AC cranked all day. Just sat back and enjoyed the job. I am leaning towards the T300. Maybe by mid-summer if things keep heading the way they are. Only drawback for me is busting things. Kinda hard to justify spending the cash then fixing when I pay $7.00 bucks a day for an insurance policy when I rent.

4. Eric 1

Eric 1 LawnSite Bronze Member

How well does that chevy pull that thing? it looks heavy.

5. o-so-n-so

o-so-n-so LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Alabama

Nice.....................................

6. VMAX

VMAX LawnSite Member

very nice!!!
    hey are those chevy parts i see?

7. ksland

The chevy pulls it well, I am in the process of restoring the Chevy mainly as a tow truck for this machine. It has oil, ps, and tranny coolers from the factory as well as a 5.7L. It is a LD 3/4 ton with the trailering and camper packages. The bed in the picture (white) and the black door are for it, then of course some white paint and lettering to match the other trucks. The trailer brakes on both axles help out a lot.

8. playnindirt

playnindirt LawnSite Member

Nice machine, ive got 2 2000 773's the early version of the 185 love em, nothing beats the bobcat

9. GrazerZ

GrazerZ LawnSite Senior Member

If you mind me askin, what would I expect to pay for a machine like that? Also, did you get the joystick controls for the bucket and travel?

10. DFW Area Landscaper

DFW Area Landscaper LawnSite Silver Member
    from DFW, TX

This may sound like a stupid question, but I am so clueless I have to ask it. How do you justify owning a machine like that?

I'm a maintenance man. I do mostly mowing. I just have to guess that a machine like that would only be used on very large installations where grading has to be done.

How often do you use it? What do you use it for?

Thanks,
    DFW Area Landscaper