1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

New Toy Today

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Mowingman, Jun 29, 2001.

1. Mowingman

Mowingman LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Texas

Today I picked up my new Toro Z Master. It has a 62" deck and the Kohler 23hp eng. I put 4 hrs on it and really like the way it rides, handles, and cuts. I know this,is really an Exmark with a Toro SFS deck. I traded in a JD M665 that has to be one of the worst designed ZTR's on the market. Downtime on the JD just killed me.From what I learned here on Lawnsite, I think I have selected a machine that should give me many wears of reliable service.:)
  2. Ssouth

Ssouth LawnSite Senior Member

Congratulations on your new purchase. I currently run two Exmarks but have been looking at the Toro for a dedicated side discharge machine. Keep us posted on how it works out.
  3. swn

swn LawnSite Member

Congratulations on the new purchase. There is nothing like running new equipment. Just got a new grasshopper midmount yesterday.
    I have never ran a toro, but I have ran an exmark, you should like it.
  4. Avery

Avery LawnSite Bronze Member

We have two of them Mowman. The more you run it the more you will love it! The Z Master will save you lots of time on you mowing contracts.
  5. Mowingman

from Texas

Which Grasshopper midmount did you buy? In April I bought a Grasshopper 428D with a 72" deck. I really like it. It can eat up an acre of grass in a hurry! :D
  6. Scag48

Scag48 LawnSite Fanatic

Congrats on the new mower! Hopefully your Toro will be a little more reliable than mine. I bought a new bendix, put it in, the mower starts and runs great, but now the blades won't engage :angry: so now I'll have to work on it some more, after i put 5-6 hours on it today. So here is the count: new main drive belt($20), new blower belt($7), new tire and tube($40), new bendix ($60) and now I'm gonna have to see how to fix my deck problem. Hope you have fun your new ride! Good luck and happy mowing!
  7. TotalLawn

TotalLawn LawnSite Member

Congrats!! I like mine. My partner and I did a church today that is right around 3 acres and quite a bit of trimming. We were finished in 1 hour and 14 minutes!! The only thing I would change is maybe an air ride seat for rough properties!! (and headlights)
  8. Mowingman

from Texas

I put an implement light on all my ZTR's. The local New Holland tractor dealer has a good one thats rubber - mounted to withstand shock. I sure like mowing at 4:00 AM when it's cool, instead of at 2:00 in the afternoon when it's 100 in the shade.:D
  9. swn

swn LawnSite Member

Mowingman, I got the 225, 25 hp kohler and 61" deck. I hope everyone doesn't start in on the 25 kohler stories. Hope you have good luck with your new mower!
  10. Spurgeon

Spurgeon Guest

I picked mine up Friday and mowed with it Sat. A 253 with the 23 Kohler. I too traded a John Deere 445 in that was nothing but a money pit. It does need head lights, and a hitch to pull a sprayer. I am still contemplating that 200.00 for the upgraded air cleaner.