New Toy

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by FL&G, Apr 23, 2005.

1. FL&G

FL&G LawnSite Member
    from R.I.

In the last couple of weeks I purchased the Stick edger attachment for my Shin. Multi-tool. I really like it. It leaves a great edge and is real easy to use.

2. nobagger

nobagger LawnSite Gold Member
    from Pa

FL&G, How much easier is a stick edger than a regular one (like a Mc Clane etc). Because I just bought a Echo trimmer and man is it a lot longer than my Troy builts. IMO its a lot harder to control than my Troy Builts. I just buy decent trimmers becuse I figure they are going to be junk in a year or two and half the price as a commercial. But this year I had to spend some extra $$$ in order to get a financing deal so I bought a Echo commercial string trimmer, but was looking into a stick edger.

3. alwaysgreener

alwaysgreener LawnSite Member

We use edgit pros on all are sthil trimmers my guys love them and so do I. They do a great job edging the cover also helps protect gutters, sidding, fence posts etc. from the string line. Here is the web address http://www.edgit.com

4. FL&G

FL&G LawnSite Member
    from R.I.

I like using it so much my L.W. will probably only be used for long straight edges. More than likely it will be spending the summer in the garage.

5. splatz100

splatz100 LawnSite Senior Member

for the edgit, is it permanent or easy to take on and off?

6. alwaysgreener

alwaysgreener LawnSite Member

it's very easy to change it out

7. green814

green814 LawnSite Member

FL&G,
    What model Shindaiwa do you have? I have been thinking about the mutli 2510 w/ the edger since they have the $50. promo right now
    Thank you
    Chris

8. splatz100

splatz100 LawnSite Senior Member

what is the $50 promo??

9. green814

green814 LawnSite Member

Splatz,
    Check out shindaiwa's website. It is $50 off the 4mix models.
    Chris

10. bplawncare

bplawncare LawnSite Member

i dont like the attatchements like those u put on ur weedeater! i think u should just buy a solo stick edger, i use stihl and love them