1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

new toy.....

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Lawn Sharks, Jul 11, 2005.

1. Lawn Sharks

Lawn Sharks LawnSite Senior Member

Got an Ingersoll Rand Pnuematic Grease Gun. Boy what fun! So easy to use. A real time save. $38 at Lowes.

2. MarcSmith

MarcSmith LawnSite Fanatic

Makes it alot easier to grease everything... just pull the trigger....Just be carefull its easy to overfill.....It actually shoots a glop of grease a good long way.....One day on of my employee's shot with a water hose early in the day the evening we were doing maintenance and her back was turned and 3 quick pulls of the trigger at 20 feet, all Center body shots....:)
  3. LawnBoy89

LawnBoy89 LawnSite Senior Member

LOL....do you hook it up to a compressor?
  4. Lawn Sharks

yeah, 1/4 inch fitting hooks to compressor, no more pumping, just click it on and go, one handed operation, I can do all 27 zerks I have in a heartbeat now.

This model is built like a tank so it should last a good long time. No maintenece outlined in the manual either.
  5. Bulletproof

Bulletproof LawnSite Member

Gonna have to invest

And possibly spray my co-workers as well! :D
  6. jameson

jameson LawnSite Fanatic
    from PNW

Excellent tool. Handle swivels so you can grease any fitting, even the awkward out-of-the-way ones. Makes maintenance that much more easier and frankly, way more fun. Gotta love the time saving tools.
  7. MarcSmith

MarcSmith LawnSite Fanatic

also, Id get rid of the steel tube on the end and replace it with a flexible hose. Much more user freindly for the tight spots....
  8. Lawn Sharks

Thanks for the tip. I expected to need a flexible hose but I guess I am lucky in that all of the zerks I deal with can take the steel tube fitting as is and it keeps me able to hold a cup of coffee in the other hand.

One thing I have found is that once it is popped onto a zerk it takes quite a tug to pull it off. My old grease gun fitting you could back up a sleeve and it would free it up a bit but this baby is like a remora on a shark. Big tug to get it free.